Monday, October 19, 2009

Diets

Still don't have any results from the doctor. I know that DH's test for haemochromatosis took weeks to come back because it was a genetic one so I wonder how long it will take. I have a little boy whose tummy is so bloated by the end of the day and who is so miserable and will hardly eat anything that I have decided to put him (and all of us, except LJ) on a dairy free, gluten free, FAILSAFE diet. A failsafe diet is low in natural and artificial chemicals. This significantly reduces what we can eat down to rice, pears, cashews, some vegetables and most meats except preserved meats like bacon and ham. Sugar is also ok. Haven't decided on egg yet (LJ has only recently grown out of her egg allergy and I grew out of it at about the same age), but if I add it in at least I can bake some biscuits, muffins and cakes.

Off to do a recipe search on the net....

2 comments:

  1. Try using "No Egg" (I think it's gluten free) to replace the egg in baked goods. We usually use recipes that don't require an egg substitute but we use that if there's no alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what it has in it? Am a bit far from Woolies to do a check!

    ReplyDelete