Thursday, December 3, 2009

Kid's food

I'm sick of eating the food our kids eat. I'm sick of Spag Bol, Rissoles, Sausages, Corned Beef, Burritos - if you are a parent you know the list - Baked and Mashed Potatoes. I want grownup food. I want to eat food with herbs and spices in it! I want Indian, Olives, Thai.

Just saying.

5 comments:

  1. I suspect that the people in India and Thailand don't stop eating regular spiced food just because they have children; I suspect that they start adding spices in early (just not in the same quantities as "adult" food). Why not give it a go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a mean mother, or maybe I just have an easy to feed child. I just dish up the food I like. I have a three year old who loves olives, and gobbled down Thai Beef Salad a few nights ago. I just always make sure there is something in the meal that he will eat, and he'll usually try something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Most of that list rings true, except that I like those *and* spicy food. We'll loan you Ben for a week, he's recently discovered cocktail onions and olives (must be the Italian blood...)

    ReplyDelete