Five random things from this week:
1. HB can tolerate a little bit of dairy! We have inadvertantly, occasionally been giving him GF bread from the shop when we run out of the mix, and he shows no sign of a reaction! This opens up so many possibilities.
2. I discovered HB likes (loves!) GF porridge, made on rice flakes. He asked for it for lunch one day this week, so of course I said yes. So exciting to have another cheap, staple food (so rare on his diet) that I can feed him!
3. We were all at home a lot of the week with a heavy cold. Hopefully this week everyone will be back at school and work.
4. The Education Queensland school nurse called because Lucy had been referred to her so the nurse could help the school manage her eczema. This was news to me (I was sure I should have signed a permission form (!), however, the more help the better. She is going to arrange for the school to apply her doctor prescribed moisturizer to her arms and legs at lunch time so that we can increase the amount of times moisturizer is applied to 4 (getting dressed in the morning, first break, after school and after bath).
5. I am setting up a creche for our church. Unfortunatley this has involved creating a lot of landfill from the old toys that were there, but shopping for toys for a setup like a creche or playgroup is always fun. I dislike playgroups and creches set up by people with random toys in a box in a corner with no understanding of fostering children's pretend play, which will have them playing happily for much longer than the random toy approach.
This sounds like a whole lot of little bits of good news. Yay!
ReplyDeleteGood news (except for the having colds part...). Hope you are all feeling much better now...
ReplyDeleteCan I come to your creche?
ReplyDelete