Hamish has been giving us grief since we moved out here. He was 10 weeks old at that point, and I was starting to expect he would sleep a bit longer than a couple of hours at a time. I prayed about it and never felt right about the controlled crying thing, not wanting to be left with the guilt that it left me with Lucy (only in retrospect!).
Anyway, under the guidance of a Paediatric Chiropractor in Toowoomba, who I went to first for Hamish's plagiocephaly (or 'crooked head'), I have removed all dairy products from both my diet and Hamish's. It's been two weeks today and we finally have a baby who can sleep for more than one 45 minute cycle during the day, and 3-4 hours at night, without help!
Thankfully, Lindt makes a 75% cocoa chocolate which is dairy free...happy(er) days.
If you want some dairy free recipes (as well other vegan recipes) feel free to check out our website: www.b-m.id.au
ReplyDeleteWe use Nuttelex instead of butter, Vitasoy soy milks (tastes better than So Good) and So Good ice-cream.
Cheers,
Laetitia :-)
Thanks Laetitia. They're great. I will have to try esp that white cake, and I didn't know you could get vegan choc chips. I've been cuting up lindt 75% cocoa.
ReplyDeleteAnd btw I am a CM consultant too ;)
Hooray for Lindt! I went through dairy free a while back (and still should be) and I would stock up on that stuff in $20 lots. Always felt bad using that much of the budget on chocolate, but a need's a need, after all!
ReplyDeleteYah!!! Are you feeling any better or is it too early to tell? You have a lot of sleep debt after all.
ReplyDelete