1. Bake sponge cakes, in their various forms.
2. Do groceries once a month (not including fruit and veg).
3. Recognize some breeds of cattle.
4. Not be daunted when faced with endless quiche, egg sandwiches and cups of tea when at communal meals.
5. Recognize most farming equipment.
6. Recognize most crops.
7. Sew simple patchwork.
8. Organise 'a kill' with the butcher - haven't done lamb yet though!
9. Not be freaked out when some person previously unknown to me calls me to ask me to email her the moon gardening section from the Better Homes and Gardens I've got out from the library because the librarian gave her my name!
10. Have conversations about the rain (or lack of it) without cringing. I actually know what points (rain) are now!
Better go. Need to fold 4 baskets of washing. We had visitors on the weekend.
We should've brought our own sheets. Sorry. Isn't it amazing, though, what you learn to do when you have to. When we went overseas I learnt to make lasagne, pavs and even had a go at making flaky pie pastry - simply because I knew that if I didn't make them I would never get them.
ReplyDeleteThe washing is really fine! I'm used to it. Didn't mean to make it sound like a complaint.
ReplyDeleteAs an innocent byreader, I didn't think it was a complaint - don't be too hard on yourself.
ReplyDeleteI learnt some of 3, 5 & 6 when working out in Walgett. I'm currently learning mining terms but that will cease in a month or so when we return to Brisbane.
I got the impression that you were a regular experienced quilter! I've just finished a bunny-rug sized quilt top (hand sewn) - hope to finish it (quilting by machine?) before leaving town to give it to a friend.
No. 9 would shock me too.
100 points to an inch! :-)
Oh no, now we have apologies flying all over the place. It didn't sound like a complaint, I just kick myself for being insensitive at times.
ReplyDelete