Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's been very quiet around here..

I know.

DH and I seem to have some sort of chronic conditions that cause exhaustion. DH had some weird results on his blood tests, so he's off two TWO specialists. He spent four straight days in bed after we got back from our two and a half weeks off. Not great when you're supposed to be planting a church.

I have gone the more non-conventional route and am having lymphatic drainage massage (it HURTS, but it seems to work) and doing the entire elimination diet with food. Essentially this means going back to what I did with HB - cutting out dairy, gluten as well as going failsafe (which means essentially only eating pears, celery, shallots, peas and beans - there's a colour theme there). I have always wondered whether foods affected my mood, and the presence of a consistent nausea since the helicobacter infection - even after it's cleared up - baffles me. I think I miss tea and coffee the most :(.

HB has a giardia infection, meaning I've been doing lots of cleaning up all week :(. When I took him in to the doctor, she said to me "Did you really need this as well?".

Sorry for the rant.

5 comments:

  1. Have you been bitten by mosquitoes? Been up to Townsville recently? I'm thinking Ross River or Dengue fevers...hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, poor things :(

    We'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you're both feeling better and fast....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a rant?
    Probably the mildest 'rant' I've ever read.
    Keep trusting His grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope LJ is healthy at least. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete