My teeth have always been pretty good - combination of genetics and good (a bit too good sometimes - I have sensitive teeth from brushing too hard) oral hygenie. I only have one tiny filling from ten years ago.
This is why I was shocked when I went for my check up recently (I go at least once a year) and found out I needed four fillings. I had gone to a particular chain because they give free check-ups if you are in particular health funds. However, there are some questionable practices in the way that they pay their dentists which could lead, possibly, to unethical practices.
So I went to see the dentist from church, who said she could see none. $250 out of pocked saved.
Ah, yes - the 'joys' of finding a dentist in Mackay...I just went to the dentist I'd been seeing in Brisbane when I returned for a visit for other things. I still go to her even though I'm a 20 minute drive away.
ReplyDeleteMy filling I had today was huge. I could feel the cavity with my tongue.
ReplyDeleteThe dentist also found 4 more little ones, he needed to do X-rays to see them. Did your dentist use X-ray? They cost $280 each to fill. I think maybe I'm getting Clayfield prices...
Yes, he used x-ray. Cost to fill a tooth about 140 each, I think.
ReplyDelete