Monday, December 12, 2011

Progress?

It's been three weeks today since HB broke his leg. It's a bit hard to see any progress, other than the fact that occasionally Neurofen will hold his pain rather than needing Painstop. I pray his leg is healing up. He still needs painkillers every 6 hours and sometimes (like last night) wakes for pain relief at night. He can't weight bear on it. When I take him for a walk in the stroller and he hasn't had pain relief recently we have to turn around and come back because he's in too much pain. He can manage short periods in the sand pit (with his leg taped and bagged). Other than that we are pretty much limited to inside. Going to the shops with him tends to have the effect of Moses parting the Red Sea where people jump out of your way (is this what it's like to be on a wheelchair?).

I'm going a bit stir crazy but HB is largely ok. I really want to take LJ swimming and to the beach. Maybe when they replace the cast they'll give us a waterproof one. One week to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment