
Meet Rose. We got her a year ago. With her sibling Delilah she has faithfully given us eggs 9 out of every 10 days (except for impending cyclones) and about 3 weeks ago she would not get up from her nest.
Small issue - no rooster. Poor Rose would be sitting on her eggs for 3 weeks to no avail.
I ordered some day old chicks from the local produce shop, and according to my chook-breeding Dad, we should be able to sneak them in under cover of darkness and have her 'adopt' them. However, someone from church heard we had a clucky chook and provided us with 9 fertilized eggs 2.5 weeks ago. Only four more days and we should have chicks! The kids are excited. I am excited. And we've always got the backups from the produce shop if they fail to hatch.
She's such a good little sermon illustration, our Rosie!
Can't wait to hear!
ReplyDelete[I'm not sure, though, about encouraging Rosie in her delusion...]