More gold from my favourite women's ministry magazine:
"I don't want you to be destroyed by the inevitable downturns of life......I want your story to be rewritten into a tale of God's grace, one that he uses to help you be an effective minister of His hope and healing to those who are walking the same kind of path. I want you to be so available to His Spirit's leading, so aware of other's needs, and so willing to be open and genuine, that God takes the things Satan meant for evil and transforms them into things of value."
Amen.
So if God takes
- depression
- loneliness
- constant persecution from within the church
- all the new Christians attending other churches
and uses it for His glory, praise Him! Thank you God, for all these things!
I actually thank God for my depression. Item number three is the thing that really makes me constantly sad. But since I've been reading this, I've been thanking God for it, knowing I'm throwing it in Satan's face. And maybe Satan has been having his way for far too long in this situation.
Amen sister amen.
ReplyDeleteHi Helen,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your hello on my blog. I've been reading your blog for a little while now (came here via Simone's) and have been really encouraged by your perseverance through tough times. Being thankful is easy when things are going well, so much harder when times aren't so good. It's great that you guys are hanging in there even though it's difficult.
Take care, say hi to Pete from us!
Karen xx