Friday, August 21, 2009

It would have to be this family

Hamish is allergic to dairy milk protein. Peter is the same. Lucy has a peanut allergy. Occasionally I get hayfever (it's really nothing). And the cat - well it appears she's allergic to seafood, according to our very helpful vet. Have you ever tried to buy cat food with no seafood in it? I can tell you it is FAR from easy! It would have to be us...

1 comment:

  1. When I had a cat I had to go for the stuff the vet sells as regular dry biscuits have too much salts so the cat was having bladder problems. It was expensive but you feed the cat less than grocery store biscuits.

    No idea if it has seafood in it though. At least it didn't have dairy in it, which she was allergic to (and knew it - she'd avoid the "cheese" bits in regular cat food).

    When I had to give the cat a pill I'd buy some cheap diced meat from the butcher to hide it in. Because she rarely got "real" meat (the only meat I eat is seafood and hubby is effectively vegan) she'd go wild and gobble it down never realising she'd been medicated. :-)

    ReplyDelete