Saturday, August 1, 2009

What do People Do All Day?

is the title of my favourite childhood Richard Scarry book. A real gem, and thankfully I now own our even-then-secondhand copy, as they are hard to find now.

I logged on to read the latest newsletter at Kid's Craft Weekly, to read a link to this article, which reminded me of the debate at Nathan and Simone's blogs about why mothers feel the need to share the intimate details of their children's lives on facebook/their blogs/whatever.

This article is yet another reminder to me that motherhood is servanthood in the true washing-people's-feet way that Jesus did. We're not made for it, Nathan, it's difficult, so yes, we need encouragement to stay Godly while we run our unglamourous race.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know Nathan and Simone but would love to read the debate. Could you post a link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://simone1975.blogspot.com/2009/07/nathan-has-been-thinking-about-parents.html

    ReplyDelete