Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Feelings


Here is HB's leg.

He didn't actually even complain that it hurt this morning. How can it not? Our friend from the ED here got the xray flims printed and the fracture looks worse than it did when I fleetingly saw it in Radiography. On Tuesday we go back for another x ray and if it's all aligned they will put on a full cast. If not, surgery.

Here's how I feel.

SAD - for my boy. He can't go anywhere without calling out for me to take him. No swimming over a very hot summer. No sandpit or parks or beach. No trike. No chasing his sister or screaming around with his tractor. No water play.

STRESSED - We are hosting a missionary family of 6 for two nights this weekend. How will I get the beds made up/toilets cleaned/dinners/breakfasts/lunches for 10 people sorted out and all the post visiting cleanup donewith a needy boy? As an introvert it's a stretch for me to entertain anyway, am convicted that it's a biblical command so I do as much of it as I can. But I'm all emptied out like a drink offering. Trying to meet the needs of my husband and daughter are stretching me too.

THANKFUL - When I raise my heart above my emotions, I am thankful for a little boy whose care God has given me, for free, good quality hospital care, that he is an easygoing little chap.

3 comments:

  1. What a leg! We'll be praying for you all, especially over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor fella - how old is he and do you have air-conditioning? Will / does he have crutches? Also, you can get waterproof cast covers now - not sure of availability or cost though.

    When I broke my arm (near the wrist) when I 13 or 14, I was in pain until the plaster cast went on. After that it felt fine. My break was straight, not spiralled though.

    As for the state of the house and meals, a friends' place has a good homily along the lines of, "A true friend doesn't notice /care if your house is a mess but does if you are." I expect that if the missionary family has their heart set on the Lord then they will (a) understand if everything is not super-sparkling and (b) be horrified if you put them ahead of a direct family member. Don't refuse their help if they offer it - you aren't expected to be superwoman; trying to be so doesn't allow others to help with your burdens and, if you succeed at being superwoman, can just make others feel hideously inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Laetitia said :)
    Will pray that your weekend goes smoothly. Thinking of you all...

    ReplyDelete