Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today

HB had a good night. He slept for 14 hours altogether, the antihistamine in the painkillers really doped him out.

However, he doesn't want to talk about his leg/injury/experience at hospital/in the ambulance at all. No attention would be very preferable! Occasionally he will burst into tears but can't tell me why. Just general pain/feeling gross, I suppose. He is lying on the couch being read to or watching TV. I'm finding it difficult to do anything else (like hang out the enormous amount of washing I need to deal with!). That's ok though, it's what you expect with sick kids.

3 comments:

  1. So glad he had a good night. That makes today easier to deal with for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're all sleeping everything else seems more manageable.
    Hopefully someone will come and hang out your laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, he may not be too happy about missing out on swimming time (I know I'm not following an op that means I'm not allowed to swim until early January).

    And he's probably still processing the whole event - it's not easy to talk about something for which you haven't got words to describe your thoughts because you're still trying to work out how you feel / what you think.

    Can you do laundry while he watches TV?

    ReplyDelete