Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cast gone...

good riddance!

I took HB to the hospital yesterday to remove cast number four and have another x-ray and review. The surgeon was only 20 minutes late this time! The x-ray shows good healing (though it's not totally healed) so the cast could stay off! HB still walks like he's got the cast on though, and he's still in pain (he came up to me last night and said "Mummy, I can't run anymore") but hopefully he will re-learn his motor plan for walking properly.

We had his joints assessed today and nothing is locked up, which is great. Lots of swimming ahead for us according to the recommendation of the doctor - it's non-weight bearing and strengthening. Just as well every second neighbour has a pool!

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Enjoy the swims...I'm jealous! Our pool has turned green today (algae issues) on the most hot and sticky day we've had in a while so no swimming here for a day or two until that's sorted :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he keeps working on it, his muscle tone and function should return - it'll just take a while - it took a while for my left arm to match my right after I had my cast off (and I only had it on for 3 weeks).

    ReplyDelete