no, but I've heard it's really good and I'd like to see it.
But having spent most of my life in Brisbane I'm now loathe to spend twice as much at BCC cinemas as one would at Southbank. For two people it's normally cheaper to just wait for the DVD.
I may make an exception for this one though - hopefully all those Oscars will keep it in the cinemas for the next two weeks so we can see it during the day on the first Tuesday of Ian's school holidays (his school goes on holidays the Monday before Easter).
Hi Helen, I have heard the although it is a quality movie, it is quite graphic it it's depiction of the horrors of the street children in India. It shows children being maimed for use as beggars.This is talked about in the book but it would be another thing to see it being carried out. I'm waiting for DVD. I don't have an alternative to offer though.
no, but I've heard it's really good and I'd like to see it.
ReplyDeleteBut having spent most of my life in Brisbane I'm now loathe to spend twice as much at BCC cinemas as one would at Southbank. For two people it's normally cheaper to just wait for the DVD.
I may make an exception for this one though - hopefully all those Oscars will keep it in the cinemas for the next two weeks so we can see it during the day on the first Tuesday of Ian's school holidays (his school goes on holidays the Monday before Easter).
Hi Helen,
ReplyDeleteI have heard the although it is a quality movie, it is quite graphic it it's depiction of the horrors of the street children in India. It shows children being maimed for use as beggars.This is talked about in the book but it would be another thing to see it being carried out.
I'm waiting for DVD. I don't have an alternative to offer though.
I have seen it, Helen!!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Parts are hard to watch - but real. Good combination of humor, drama, reality and redemption.
ReplyDeleteI loved it!
There are many out on DVD now that we have liked - hey - we liked Australia - try that one too!